Rescue Season is in full swing!
YOU can help save lives and give them the second chance they deserve. Every spring, the team at OHS get extremely busy rescuing lost, abandoned, stray and feral animals. Community animals as well as unwanted litters from owned pets that were not spayed or neutered at an early age. Many of the animals are in need of medical attention from illness or injury and all need to be spayed or neutered, vaccinated, dewormed and provided with ID in case they are separated from their future fur family.
- The cost to spay or neuter and provide medical care for one cat is $250
- For a dog it is $500
- A pregnant cat requires upward to $550 to ensure her and all her babies get the care and attention they need
- Emergency medical care including frostbitten ears from the cold winter, broken limbs or complications from an unfixed male or female animal are $1,500 and higher.
Because of you last year, OHS helped more than 1,500 in the Okanagan. YOU can help today! Buy your tickets now for our Raffle to Rescue Animals and give them the second chance they deserve.
- Two early bird draws of $500 cash
- A grand prize weekend getaway at Revelstoke Mountain compete with hotel, meals, gas card and your choice of golf or skiing for 2 days
- An Osoyoos wine experience including one night at Spirit Ridge, wine tasting and a gas card
- A $500 gift certificate for veterinary services with one of OHS partner vets in your area
- A $250 gift certificate for Bosleys by Pet Value
- A dog and cat goodie basket